- prison sentence
- He received a five-year prison sentence.
- Gale could've got life on mitigating factors.
- He has just been sentenced to a long prison term.
- He was serving a ten spot for arson.
- He's doing five years in sing sing.
- The prime culprit was sentenced to life imprisonment.
一等有期徒刑 first degree of imprisonment
不能以罰款替代的徒刑 imprisonment without the option of a fine
判處徒刑 condemn sb. to imprisonment; sentence sb. to imprisonment
判處無期徒刑 condemn sb. to life imprisonment; sentence sb. to life imprisonment
處以有期徒刑 sentence to fixed-term imprisonment
定期徒刑 fixed-term imprisonment; penal for a fixed time
徒刑 imprisonment; penal sentence; prison sentence; stretch
無期徒刑 imprisonment for life; life imprisonment; life sentence; permanent imprisonment
無期徒刑犯 life termer; lifer
有期徒刑 fixed-term imprisonment; imprisonment for a fixed term; limited period of imprisonment; penal servitude for a fixed term; set term imprisonment
有期徒刑判決 fixed-term sentence
有期徒刑緩刑 probation for fixed-term imprisonment
短期徒刑 penalty for a short time; short-term imprisonment
輕徒刑 light imprisonment
長期徒刑 long-term imprisonment