adj, adv 1 situated between and at an equal distance from two places 位於中途（的）; 半路上（的）: reach the half-way point 到達中間地點 * meet half-way 半路上相遇. 2 (idm 習語) a ,half-way `house compromise between opposite attitudes, plans, etc （對立的態度、 方案等的）折衷, 妥協. meet sb half-way => meet1
- I'm half-way through (reading) his second novel.
- He is well up with the leaders (ie the leading competitors) at the half-way stage of the race.
- Don't meet trouble half-way.
- Sunny ocean half-way holy cock-crow in space
- Do not meet trouble half-way.
- We must not stop half-way.
- There was a long green smudge half-way up the rock.
- He agreed to meet them half-way.
- She was half-way up the stairs.
- Let's meet each other half-way.