- verb swell 的過去式.過去分詞 adj. =swollen
- His tongue had swelled to twice its size.his legs were limp.
- His heart swelled out in roundelay of summer fields and clover.
- The baby boom swelled the population.
- He came to doctor our mare when she ate green corn and swelled up most as big as the water-tank.
- Too big for his britches; had a swelled head; he was swelled with pride.
- The murmur gradually swelled intoangry roars.
- Rills of muddy water rushed and swelled the stream and sunk my boat.
- Oh very swelled head.
- He has gotten such a swelled head since his promotion that he's insufferable.
- He has a swelled head.
- My face swelled up because of an inflammation of a wisdom tooth.
- He had a swelled head.
- A swelled head does not always indicate a surplus of brains.